There are very few products in the home improvement world that have made as much of a positive impact as laminate flooring. Overall, it is an attractive flooring option, but it also has a few drawbacks. Read on to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of laminate flooring in Peachtree Corners:
The Advantages of Laminate Flooring
- It’s Durable: Laminate is scratch resistant, and won’t easily fade from sun exposure. It also resists impact and stains, making it a great option for homeowners with children, pets or those who are just rough on floors.
- It Can Mimic Other Materials: Laminate floors can successfully mimic the look of stone, wood and other natural materials. However, it often looks even better, because there is no imperfection in laminate flooring like in actual wood. All laminate flooring is uniform in appearance and consistent in quality.
- It’s Versatile: Laminate flooring is an extremely versatile flooring option. It can be installed over a variety of subfloors, from plywood to concrete.
- It’s Easy to Maintain: This type of flooring is easy to maintain and keep clean. Simply use a vacuum or broom or a slightly damp mop to keep it looking great. There is no need to wax.
- Cost Effective: Laminate flooring is a cost effective alternative to wood and other natural materials. In many cases, homeowners can expect to pay from one half to two thirds the cost of wood.
The Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
- It’s Difficult to Repair: Wood and other materials can be repaired. However, laminate flooring is difficult to repair. In many cases, homeowners just choose to replace laminate rather than repair it.
- It’s Susceptible to Water Damage: While this flooring option is a good choice for kitchens, powder rooms and other moist areas, it isn’t completely resistant to water damage. In many cases, installation will determine how water resistant the floor becomes. In cases where standing water is present, laminate flooring breaks down and expands. This ruins the flooring beyond repair.
With minimal disadvantages, laminate flooring is an overall good choice for many homeowners in Peachtree Corners. To learn more or get a free quote, schedule a consultation with Floor Coverings International Northeast Atlanta today!
You might also be interested in:
Photo © Kitch Bain